Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Did you ever wonder which 20th Century inventions are most important to you?

Did you ever wonder which 20th Century inventions are the most important to you?

By David McClelland

Of course, the answer to this hypothetical question will be different for each of us, but I'll bet if we each listed our "Top Ten," we would have some in common.

Before reading on, jot down your "Top Ten" off of the top-of-your-head. Ready?

I did the same and here is my list, in no particular order. In know, that is strange because we are used to seeing "Top Ten" lists in some sort of priority order. Anyway, here are the inventions that seem the most important to me and my reasons for choosing them:

1 – The Computer – It is so powerful and I use it more than anything else in my life.
2 – The Internet – Same - I couldn't get through an hour, let alone a day, without it.
3 – Telephones – Including cell phones. We all need to "Keep in touch."
4 – Automobiles – Getting from Point A to Point B and beyond is a major priority.
5 – Televisions – I'm hooked on sports and my 65", flat screen, HD TV is essential.
6 - Airplane – It made cross-country travel a one-day event.
7 – Microwave Ovens – They allow me to "pretend" that I can cook.
8 – Space Travel – I never cease to be amazed by NASA's accomplishments.
9 – Remote Controls – They make life easier for the TV, auto, alarm system, etc.
10 - Pickleball – It opened up a whole new world of sports for seniors!!!

If I could add a few more, I would list:
11 – The ballpoint pen – I am a list maker, so my pen is always with me.
12 – The pill – It made life for carefree for millions.
13 – Contacts & Lasic – They help millions see and enjoy life more.
14 - The compact disk – It allows us to transport music, books and computer files.
15 - Recycling – We all feel better and smarter for going "green."

OK, How many on my list(s) are on yours. I'll bet that there are least 5. Right?
Wasn't that fun???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home