Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did you ever wonder about the most fun you've ever had?

Did you ever wonder about the most fun you've ever had?

By David McClelland

Harold Robbins' 1961 best selling book, The Carpetbaggers, was a box office hit movie in 1964. It starred George Peppard as Jonas Cord and Elizabeth Ashley as Monica Winthrop. In the movie, Jonas asked Monica, "What is the most fun you've ever had?" To which, Monica replied, "Well, I hope I haven't had it yet!"

That is a most interesting question and my survey of 100 people produced many and varying responses. Some of the most interesting responses are provided below:

Carolyn Johnson - Oakland Township: "Scuba diving off of The Galapagos Islands, 600 miles west of Ecuador, in the Pacific Ocean. The turtles were huge!"
Cindy Ramon(Age 2 ½) - Detroit, "Being with my mommy."
Melanie Hanley – Lake Orion- "My 13th birthday party. My two older sisters planned it all and it was so perfect. All of my friends were there to help me celebrate."
Shelly Smith - Pontiac, "My wedding and our honeymoon in Maui."
Rod Carpenter - Clinton Township, "White water rafting on New River, West Virginia."
Cynthia Fish - Barberton, Ohio, "Watching my first grandchild being born."
Gail Finn - Westland, "My hot air balloon ride in April. We were blown west, which is most unusual, and we had champagne when we landed. A hands down winner."
Jim Carron - Ann Arbor, "Being at the 1989 Rose Bowl parade and attending the Rose Bowl game where Michigan beat USC 22 – 14. Go Blue!!!
Christine Childers – Brown City – "We went to Disneyland in 1999 and I had my picture taken with "The Beast". You know, 'Beauty and the Beast'".
Karen Hibbler – Imlay City – "Snow Tubing in London, Ontario in 1997 with family."
Heidi Hulett – Almont – "Taking a weekend train trip to Chicago with my sister and a dozen of my closest friends for my bachelorette party. It was a blast."
Natalie Wordlaw – Metamora – "When I was dancing in 'The Nutcracker'".
Paul Abromaitis – "Playing hockey against the Red Wings alumni at Joe Louis Arena."
Terrie Prokopius –Royal Oak – "Getting a Hole-in-One while playing with 'three old guys' I didn't know."
Stacy Michalski – Sterling Heights – "Honeymooning is Jamaica."
Michelle Husk – Bartlett, Illinois – "Our trip to Las Vegas."
Donna Stenwell – Bloomfield – "Playing softball with my team."
Linda Brozovic – Harrison Township – "Sailing on the Caribbean while sitting on the netting of a catamaran."
Terri Johnson – "A windjammer cruise on the Caribbean."
Vikki Goldstein – Bloomfield Township – "Skydiving."
Carol Gonzales – Dearborn Heights – "Finding my biological parents."
Karen Sims & Karen Panetta – Roseville – Both – "Haunted Hayride."
Jennifer Cobb – Rochester Hills – "When my husband and I hosted our first Newlywed Game party on Valentine Day."
Finally, a lady who wished to remain anonymous, "Making love in a row boat."
What was the most fun that YOU have ever had? You have 60 seconds to respond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home